Thursday, July 29, 2010

Do I feel like talking about what I'm wearing to BlogHer??

What am I going to wear next Thursday through Sunday?

NYC in August is sticky, muggy and disgusting. I won't be overdressed. I won't be doing 48 clothing changes a day. I won't be wearing heels this year. I won't be caring what anyone thinks of my outfits.

I will be comfortable. I'll be comfortable in my clothing and in my own skin. I'll be happy with who I am. I'll be content with the choices I've made with my clothing, and with the choices I've made in my life.

With that being said, I have two super cute pairs of black flat sandals that will be packed. One has flowers down the front, the other has silver beading. Love them both tremendously and they're super comfortable for all the walking that I know will be happening. And I won't fall in them when I'm all drunken. I have a denim skirt and a black tank that goes perfectly with it. I have a long black summer dress that is oh-so-very comfortable. I have a green dress that I might bring, and a brown one that I might bring. But I'd be happier if I picked up a couple more that fit me a little bit better than they do. I have the most awesome, perfectly fitting dress from NY & CO that I'll be bringing. Its definitely my new, go-to, little black dress.

Of course I'm stoked to have another reason to use my beautiful Sherpani suitcase that I got for last years BlogHer. You can check out my posts about Sherpani from last year here and here.

That's that. I'm not overpacking. I'm not going crazy, and yes, I'm leaving a ton of space in my suitcase. Last year I could barely zipper it on the way back home!!

Pictures? No. You'll have to see how fabulous I am in person!!

2 comments:

Leslie M. July 30, 2010 at 12:10 PM  

Have fun!! :) NY is hot in the summer! Wish I was going too! Maybe next year! Your clothes sound perfect!!!

$$ is tight and we couldn't swing it this year!
Hugs,
Leslie
Leslie Loves Veggies
http://www.leslielovesveggies.net/

lfhpueblo July 30, 2010 at 8:25 PM  

I think you're smart. Staying fresh and cool looking is key to August.

Back to TOP