Monday, July 26, 2010

Prepping for BlogHer10 NYC

I've got ten, 10!, days to get myself packed up for BlogHer10 in NYC. First off, I'm seriously happy that its so close to my home this year. Of all years that I needed it to be affordable to travel, this is the year. You know my story, separation and going to a single income in my own apartment is difficult. Being able to skip airfare is an exciting thing for me.

Now back to the topic at hand, packing. I REFUSE to overpack this year. Last year I went a little insane and brought 5 or 6 pairs of shoes. Completely unnecessary. Overkill. Not to mention only one of those pairs of shoes was comfortable at all. I refuse to do that again. At the end of everything, I can see the error of my ways. I overpacked. I felt like I needed to. I felt like I needed to have endless outfits and shoes and accessories because I felt like I had someone to impress. Where in all honesty, I had no one to impress. My friends loved me regardless. Why did I feel that my clothes and my shoes made me who I am? That's so far from the truth.

This year, if I have any tips or tricks for anyone, I hope they are taken for what they are worth. Shoes and clothes do NOT make the person. Do NOT overpack. Comfort is key, and if you can score cute with your comfort, that's an added perk. NYC in August is disgustingly hot and muggy. New York in general has pretty humid summers and throw a big, congested city in there and you've got sickeningly sweaty. Dress for coolness, comfort. Be YOU. Embrace who you are and don't try to impress anyone, because those people who need to judge you on your clothes and whatnot aren't worth it. You as a person are worth much more than that.

1 comments:

Unknown August 5, 2010 at 10:02 AM  

I hope you have a blast!

Back to TOP