Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Sometimes you gotta play the part...

I'm going to be sneaking away this weekend. A friend and I will be heading up to the lake for a couple nights and I'm so truly looking forward to a little break from the day to day grind.

For those of you that know me, this may not come as much of a surprise, but lets recap... I'm a 28 (almost 29) year old mother of two kids who bartends, waitresses and helps manage a restaurant. I'll say that my taste in music is all over the place and I love so much, but one of my all time favorites which may be out of touch with my age, is Elvis Presley...

With that being said, with this little escape, I'll be hitting up the Elvis Presley festival up at the lake and I figured I should play into it a little bit. Maybe subtly? I had to do something to play the part and I didn't want to go all sequined-jumpsuit-over-the-top. I cashed in some swagbucks not too long ago for some amazon.com codes that have just been sitting in my account. I picked up the hottest pair of bright blue suede shoes to wear out on one of the two nights I'll be there.

What do you think? Am I playing into it a bit much, or are these gonna look great with a little black dress for a nice night out??


1 comments:

Jackie May 31, 2011 at 10:23 PM  

Awesome! Sounds like it will be fun! Hope you have a great time!

Back to TOP