Tuesday, April 12, 2011

B Kind 2 Earth Day! How can you help?


Earth Day is quickly approaching on Friday, April 22nd, and my kids and I are gearing up! Over the past year or so, we've been making small changes in our lives to benefit the Earth and to do better things for our surroundings. We've realized that every little bit helps and we're proud to be doing our part. The more that time goes by, the easier it becomes to keep up with the changes and continuously add in more ways that we can help our Earth. Cause when you really think about it, its the ONLY one we have, right?

I'm so proud to be a state leader for New York (holla New Yorkers!!) in the B Kind 2 Earth Day campaign with TheMotherhood.com, the National Wildlife Federation as well as Nickelodeon. You should have seen the look on Miss Boug's face when I told her about this project, she was crazy excited! You must know, that she is truly the one who pushes me to do more for the Earth. She's the one who pushes me to implement the changes in our household. I'm the girl that grew up using aerosol hairspray. Boug's the girl who has gotten me to switch to the pump kind.

With this B Kind 2 Earth Day campaign, I'd love to get some input from my readers. Give me your thoughts. Give me your goals. How are you going to become more Earth-Friendly this year? If that's too daunting, tell me ONE SMALL CHANGE that you're willing to make to help our planet. Leave me some notes in the comments section on this post, cause I'd love to put some ideas in motion. Head on over to the B Kind 2 Earth Day Facebook page and give it a "like." Post on the wall like I'm planning on, telling everyone what small change that you're going to do. Hit up twitter and tweet up what you're going to do for this amazing campaign, feel free to use the hashtag #kind2earth.

In another week or so, I'd like to start compiling the comments that are left here on A Couch With A View, as well as ones that are @'d to me on twitter or use the hashtag. That way maybe we can all work together to provide ideas for small, but much better, changes to help our planet!

0 comments:

Back to TOP