Not to sound negative, but there are some really trashy dolls out there these days for little girls, so when a nice, wholesome, and educational doll comes along I know I have to check it out for Miss Boug. After reading a bit about the Hearts For Hearts Girls dolls, I knew this was a doll that totally fit our values!
The Hearts For Hearts Girls dolls are unique to different countries and they have real life stories of ways they are all helping their individual communities. These dolls each include a code that unlocks the Hearts For Hearts Girls website where they provide more information about the dolls and their countries, culturally rich games for your girl to play, and more real stories to inspire your little girl to do good in the world.Meet the six Hearts For Hearts Girls:
- Meet Consuelo from Mexico City. Colorful and warm, Consuelo provides aid to hungry children who are homeless and live on the streets near her parents’ bakery.
- Meet Lilian of Belarus. Determined Lilian provides aid to girls whose parents must find work in the big city and are forced to leave their children with orphanages.
- Meet Dell from the heart of Kentucky’s Appalachian Mountains. Dell creates music and knitwear to share with others in need of warm clothing.
- Meet Rahel of Ethiopia. Rahel, who dreams of becoming a doctor so that she can make a real difference for people in her region, journeys with her family into the wilderness of Ethiopia to help bring back aid to her community.
- Meet Tipi from Laos. Based on a real girl who shares her art and storytelling with others through dancing, drawing, and puppetry, Tipi leads her school in a mural contest in hopes of winning much-needed books for her class.
- Meet Nahji who hails from Assam, India. Brave Nahji breaks tradition to bring courage and education to the girls who work in the tea fields of India.
Wanna win a Hearts For Hearts Girls doll and outfit? Leave a comment with which one of the dolls the girl in your life would love! (This does not mean this is the doll you will receive if you are drawn as the winner.)
- Follow via GFC or Subscribe to A Couch With A View
- Follow CaseyDeuce on twitter and tweet this giveaway.
- Become a fan of A Couch With A View on Facebook.
Disclosure: The Hearts For Hearts Girls doll, and information have been provided by Playmates Toys through MyBlogSpark.