Friday, June 18, 2010

I've never owned a brand new...

bed.

Isn't that sad? At 27 (almost 28) years old, I've always slept on a hand-me-down mattress from my mom? I couldn't tell you the last time I had a new sheet set or a new comforter. These are the little things that I've never done for myself because there was always something more important to purchase, a bill to pay, or something needed for the kids.

Well guess what... I bought myself a new mattress the other day. Now the worst part of it is, I haven't even slept on it yet!! I won't have it in my possession until I actually move into the new place, but Lordy Lordy, I cannot wait to sleep on a brand new mattress!! I got so excited about it, that I put some of my acquired amazon.com codes to good use and splurged on a new comforter set.





(Shown is the comforter set that I ordered, I can't wait to curl up in my new blankies!!)

I decided with my husband that he could have the bed frame, mattress and box spring in this split. My father and I will be building a platform bed with storage for me to put my spankin' new mattress on. I've been sleeping on the couch since November and I seriously cannot wait to sprawl out in my new bed!!

5 comments:

BrendaLea, the Prpldy June 18, 2010 at 10:17 PM  

Good for you girly! When you get to the new place...you will sleep like a baby for the first time in a long time....enjoy the new bed linens!

Liz June 18, 2010 at 10:24 PM  

Well of anyone deserves a new mattress, it's you
girl!! Enjoy your bed!!

Kristin June 19, 2010 at 1:14 AM  

Yay! That bedding is gorgeous!

Becca June 23, 2010 at 11:26 PM  

Yay for you! And it's not sad at all. I am 27 and I am hoping to buy a new dresser for the first time in about a week!

sheena@sophistishe.com July 3, 2010 at 8:35 PM  

Let me know how you like the comforter set. Last time I ordered a set on Amazon, it was trash. That was like 4yrs ago tho and of course had to do with the seller.

We purchased a new mattress from Overstock a few months back after sleeping on an airbed for darn near 2yrs! It feels good! Now we're trying to sell our behemoth of a bed for something smaller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95I5OQx3_ng

Back to TOP