Monday, February 7, 2011

Daydreams of Maui

With everything that has been going on in my life, I've found it hard to not sit and daydream. Think about picking up and moving away, settling down somewhere where the sun is bright, the air is warm and the activities are plentiful. I've gone as far as doing internet searches for beautiful places to live, though I don't think I could ever muster up the courage to move far away from my hometown here. Maui. I've sat on pages for Maui real estate before, I've drooled over the beautiful scenery and homes.

Of course Maui isn't the only place I've lusted after, I've looked at real estate in Florida, and thought about getting my honky tonk on while browsing real estate in Texas too. Every place I've looked at has its own perks, and I love something different about all the places I've looked at. Wishful thinking, daydreaming, playful beach thoughts. Every place has gotten stuck in my head, but none lately like Maui. Maybe its all the snow and ice we've had lately? And the lack thereof out in Hawaii?

Maybe one day, when the kids have all grown up, I'll have enough money to treat myself to a winter house out in Hawaii. Maybe you'll see me at 50, relaxing on the Maui beaches, with a cool drink in my hand and my toes in the sand. Ahhhh... wishful thinking. :)

Back to TOP