Sunday, December 21, 2008

Whatcha Having for Dinner Tonight??

Need an idea for a quick and easy recipe?

I know I should have taken a picture, but last night we had a wonderful Bruschetta Chicken Bake with some lemon-pepper seasoned squash.

I am not one to make recipes that are overly complicated or that contain more than 5-7 ingredients.

1-1.5 lb chicken, raw, cut into bite size pieces
1 can diced tomatoes, do not drain!
1 box stuffing mix
Italian seasoning
1 c. mozzarella cheese
1/2 c. water

Mix together the water, tomatoes and stuffing just until moist.
In an 8 x 8 baking dish, place the chicken on the bottom, sprinkle some italian seasoning on, then a layer of mozzarella cheese and finally top it off with the stuffing mixture. Bake in a pre-heated 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until chicken has cooked through!

I found this recipe from the wonderful Kraft magazine but changed it ever so slightly for my own taste. I didn't have dried basil like it called for so I used italian seasoning. It called for the stuffing mix to be for chicken but the one that I had on hand was sage, and it was still great!

Let me know if you ever make this and how it turned out!! Enjoy!!

1 comments:

Unknown December 23, 2008 at 12:39 AM  

YOu have time to cook?????? Tell me how you do it? cause I cant find the time to even go to the bathroom

Back to TOP