Sunday, December 21, 2008

Whatcha Having for Dinner Tonight??

Need an idea for a quick and easy recipe?

I know I should have taken a picture, but last night we had a wonderful Bruschetta Chicken Bake with some lemon-pepper seasoned squash.

I am not one to make recipes that are overly complicated or that contain more than 5-7 ingredients.

1-1.5 lb chicken, raw, cut into bite size pieces
1 can diced tomatoes, do not drain!
1 box stuffing mix
Italian seasoning
1 c. mozzarella cheese
1/2 c. water

Mix together the water, tomatoes and stuffing just until moist.
In an 8 x 8 baking dish, place the chicken on the bottom, sprinkle some italian seasoning on, then a layer of mozzarella cheese and finally top it off with the stuffing mixture. Bake in a pre-heated 400 degree oven for 30 minutes or until chicken has cooked through!

I found this recipe from the wonderful Kraft magazine but changed it ever so slightly for my own taste. I didn't have dried basil like it called for so I used italian seasoning. It called for the stuffing mix to be for chicken but the one that I had on hand was sage, and it was still great!

Let me know if you ever make this and how it turned out!! Enjoy!!


The Downs Gang December 23, 2008 at 12:39 AM  

YOu have time to cook?????? Tell me how you do it? cause I cant find the time to even go to the bathroom

Back to TOP