Thursday, June 14, 2012

Nickelodeon's Floam & Gak are BACK!


I remember many many moons ago, when I was a kid, playing with Nickelodeon's Floam and Gak. My time with it as short lived, since when it came out I soon after began to think that I was "too cool" for products like that. Oh to be young again, I would have never grown up so quickly! Lucky for me though, I get to live vicariously through my children, and even more lucky, Floam and Gak are BACK!!





In the past, my kids have had the knock-off of Floam that I've been able to find at crafts stores or even dollar stores, but the quality just isn't there. Floam is the compound that's made out of those teeny foam beads and bound together with some other unknown, intriquing substance! I've been able to make little figures out of it, but the real fun is watching my 7 year old daughters imagination come alive when she starts building with the Floam.

My son was the Gak fan in our family. Of course he was! Its the messier of the two products from Nick! Gak is squishy and stretchy and ooey and gooey! Granted, the biggest kick that my little guy got out if it was while squishing it, it would occasionally make a "fart" sound, which had him rolling on the floor in hysterics.

Both Gak and Floam are available for purchase at Toys R Us, Target, Bed Bath & Beyond and other retailers. You can also place your order for Gak or Floam through Amazon.com.

0 comments:

Back to TOP