Thursday, May 17, 2012

Mighty Fine in select theaters May 25th!!

Sometimes, its a given that some stuff is just too "taboo" to discuss. Generally, the emotional abuse and codependency inside of a family is one of those topics. Now as a student of chemical dependency and mental heath, I see this all in such a different light, and have noticed that not all movies show an accurate portrayal of these situations. I've had a chance to watch the movie "Mighty Fine" before it hits theaters on May 25th, and I do have to say it comes the closest to a real life situation that I've seen in a long time. Though its not a good situation, it is a good movie that shows how living life like that can be.



The 1970's Fine family includes two daughters, Natalie and Maddie, as well as the mother Stella and the father Joe. The emotional abuse and roller coaster that Joe puts his wife and daughters through is trying and difficult to watch and it made me just want to reach into the screen to slap him. "Mighty Fine" drew out emotions in me about abuse and the family codependency that left me in tears while watching.

As a woman who was married to an alcoholic, I can relate. This movie hit home, and the feelings that the daughters and the wife felt, are REAL. The actresses that played the daughters, as well as Andie MacDowell who played Stella, did an amazing job of tapping into the way that these situations feel. Although I don't want to ruin the ending, but I'm quite happy with the way that it turned out, as real life situations like this take so many turns and can end up in so many different ways.

"Mighty Fine" will be in select theaters starting May 25th, and you can find a theater near you that's going to be playing the film by clicking through HERE.

 
I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Mighty Fine and the distributor. I received access to an online showing of the film and a promotional item to thank me for participating.

0 comments:

Back to TOP