Thursday, August 18, 2011

Life Update--

I know that I haven't posted a personal update in a while, or posted much recently for that matter, so I figured its time for one...

My boy is going to be THREE tomorrow. Where the heck did the past 3 years go?? My girl turned SEVEN mid-July and that was a shocker too, I mean I knew it was coming, but 7? Come on, time doesn't fly THAT fast... or does it??...

We've been potty training, but its been inconsistent so its been difficult. I feel like Lil' Buddy isn't as mature as Boug was when it comes to potty training, so I have this feeling its gonna take a little bit longer for him to get the hang of it.

Got a promotion at work not too long ago, so managing my schedule has been increasingly difficult. I was taking the higher road and allowing my ex-husband to camp out here to help me with the kids, but as of a couple days ago, he has since disappeared again, leaving me to head back into the babysitter struggle. I'll figure it out, I always do, but its just a pain right in the rear.

I decided to return to school. After being out of high school for 11 years and barely applying myself in college and dropping out after that, I feel like its time to make myself a better person. Do something for myself to get ahead in life. And go figure, I'm going for chemical and substance abuse counseling... something that I've lived through with the ex-husband, so I'm pretty sure I'll kick ass at it.

I'm a guest judge for Balloon Time's "Put A Face On Fun" contest that started today, keep posted for more info about that, as well as a Balloon Time giveaway hosted right here!

Back to school for me on the 29th, back to school for Boug on the 7th... this summer went by way too quickly!!

1 comments:

Jennifer-Eighty MPH Mom August 21, 2011 at 10:35 AM  

Hi Lovie!

I am so proud of you for all that you are doing. Being a single mom isn't easy, but you are taking the proverbial bull by the horns (and you will kick it's ass too!). So proud of you and you will breeze through school.

And yes, time really does fly that fast. My son turned 21 in March and my daughter turned 15 yesterday. So brace yourself.

I love and miss you, and wish some pretty wonderful things will come your way soon. Well, not wish, but they WILL come your way, because your are woman and I hear you ROAR!

Back to TOP